Fighting Cancer Together
As a member of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Network of Excellence, our family of hospitals is on the leading edge of cancer treatment and clinical trials. Sarah Cannon is the global cancer enterprise of our parent company, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). The network offers leading-edge clinical research alongside integrated cancer care services for thousands of oncology patients.
By partnering with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, John Randolph Medical Center is bringing even more advanced cancer care closer to our patients and their families. This collaboration means you or your family members will have even greater access to one of the world’s leading teams of cancer specialists, breakthrough researchers and compassionate caregivers right here in the Tri-Cities area.
Accredited, Comprehensive Cancer Care
The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons accredits our cancer care program with commendation. From education through diagnosis and treatment, we provide personalized care that is designed to guide you through your cancer journey medically, physically and emotionally. We collaborate in your care with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital, our HCA Virginia sister facility. At Johnston-Willis Hospital, you have access to an inpatient unit, outpatient infusion area, chemotherapy and outpatient services such as blood transfusions, injections and biopsies.
Clinical Features & Accolades
- Accredited as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Accredited facility for mammography by the American College of Radiology
- Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology
- National clinical research trials
- Oncology nurse navigator to guide patients from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship
- Minimally invasive surgical options
- Survivorship planning
- Clinical team that includes oncology certified nurses, specialized pharmacists, dietitians, nurse navigators, therapists, supportive care counselors and social workers
- Our Board-certified physician team that is comprised of specialists in medical oncology, radiation oncology, hematology, gynecology, internal medicine, pathology, palliative care, radiology, primary care, pulmonary medicine, neurosurgery, thoracic surgery and urology
On-Site Conveniences & Support Services
- Free valet and designated parking
- Community events
- Financial counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Supportive care counseling
- Free wireless access
With the individualized assistance of your oncology nurse navigator, you can get back to your life, work and family by learning to adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina, nutrition, and medications and the potential for lymphedema or swelling and fluid retention. Classes, support groups, educational resources and survivor events all help restore your quality of life.
Members of your care team work together to help you succeed in developing a plan for your ongoing health care. Whether your life returns to the way it was before your cancer diagnosis and treatment or you're facing a new normal that encompasses concerns about your physical and emotional health or finances, planning for your future helps you move forward productively.
Oncology Nurse Navigator
If you need further testing, a biopsy or counseling, our dedicated oncology nurse navigator will guide you along the way. The nurse navigator coordinates the scheduling services of our cancer care team and will work closely with you and your doctors so you'll know your options and receive the treatment, care, education and support you need.
Austin started her career at John Randolph Medical Center working in the transportation department. She then worked on the oncology/medical surgical unit for four years before moving into her current role as oncology nurse navigator. Austin has a great passion for providing care to cancer patients. She provides education and guidance for patients and families throughout the cancer care continuum.